Search Site

Can a family sue for nursing home negligence?

The family can sue for nursing home negligence. The claims are usually in the form of a wrongful death claim or a medical malpractice claim. If it’s a wrongful death claim, then certain damages are capped, and certain damages are only available to certain family members. If it’s a case of medical malpractice, then the nursing home resident and the family must go through the administrative process of the Indiana Medical Malpractice Act.
In either case, it’s important for the family and the resident to contact an attorney who is experienced in those areas. The attorneys at Blachly, Tabor, Bozik & Hartman have that experience, and we’re here to help.

Visit us at or give us a call 800-921-2824.

Awards & Affiliations
Contact us

Quick Contact Form