Search Site

What do I do if I am hurt on a construction site due to faulty equipment?

What do I do if I am hurt on a construction site due to faulty equipment?

If I’m hurt on a construction site due to faulty equipment there are really two issues that you’re dealing with. First you have a worker’s compensation claim. In that circumstance you’re going to want to report your injury right away so that the worker’s compensation claim and the process can begin. The second component is, because we have faulty equipment, there may need to be what we call a third-party case that’s tied into your injury. It will be very important to investigate that claim as quickly as possible to determine if, in fact, there is a responsible party other than the employer and other than a fellow employee. It’s important to preserve the piece of equipment. If the equipment disappears after your accident, you may have a more difficult time establishing responsibility. Many times if faulty equipment is to blame for a person’s accident, expert witnesses are required. The pursuit of a faulty equipment or a product liability type case is a very complicated course. It’s important to have attorneys who are experienced in this area and understand the necessity of quickly investigating an issue so that your rights can be protected. The attorneys at Blachly, Tabor, Bozik, and Hartman can help you with that issue.

Visit us at or give us a call 800-921-2824.

Awards & Affiliations
  • Valparaiso, IN (Main)

    56 Washington Street, Suite 401
    Valparaiso, Indiana 46383
    Phone: 219-464-1041
    Toll Free: 800-921-2824
    Fax: 219-464-0927
    Lake County: 219-738-2824
    [ Map ]

  • Fort Wayne

    4656 W. Jefferson
    Fort Wayne, Indiana 46804
    Phone: 260-432-9100
    Toll Free: 800-921-2824
    Fax: 260-436-4700
    [ Map ]

Contact us

Quick Contact Form